19 March 2009

She Will Love You Long Time!

No, I'm not cracking some racial joke. Well... maybe a little (She actually does say that she "will love you long time" in one of her songs). But seriously, I downloaded Utada Hikaru's second English CD called This Is The One and it's actually really amazing. Her first CD Exodus was an unexpected gem in my CD collection and I'm more than satisfied with her sophomore English effort. At first I was a little afraid because I wasn't thrilled with her first single called "Come Back To Me." The most I listened to it the more it grew on me though. See video below.



Aww. Wouldn't they make an adorable blasian baby... Anywho! I decided to give the CD a chance anyhow and from the very first song I was into it. It feels very modern Japanese and very Western at the same time. It's very pop and hip hoppy and dancey. If she wasn't so damn talented you might call this a guilty pleasure but I feel no guilt listening to this.

If you haven't heard any of Utada, you will find the best stuff below. Below is her first single from her first English CD, Exodus. It's called "Easy Breezy" and yes she is saying "You're easy breezy and I'm Japanesey."



Now below this is Utada performing my favorite song from Exodus called "Kremlin Dusk". Now, it starts out slow but it really speeds up and it just breathtaking. She's absolutley amazing live.



This next video is her second single for Exodus called "You Make Me Want To Be A Man."



Now if your wondering what she sounds like in Japanese... AMAZING!



So if your interested in her new CD. Below you can preview a couple of tracks thanks to some videos I found on YouTube. The songs are as follows, "Apple & Cinnamon", "Dirty Desire", "On and On", and "Crying Like A Child."



Ugh! She's just so damn cute and Asian! Oh yeah, and Gwen Stefani's Harijuku girls can just go eat their hearts out. They ain't got shit on Hikki!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Utatda is awesome. After watching "come back to me" I don't understand how anyone could say no to her, she is just so adorable!

"Make me wanna me a man" video is just kinda crazy!