I'm going to be a Pokemon Master! I'm going to master all the games available to play on the Nintendo DS from all four Generations of Pokemon... all leading up to Pokemon Black and White coming next Spring!
I have completed LeafGreen and am now working on HeartGold.
I shall go in this order.
Below is my Team from LeafGreen: Blastoise, Primeape, Raichu, Exeggutor, Ninetales, Aerodactyl.
Look out Pokemon, here I come!
I hate when i see this shit.... and this is real. While on lunch today I ran to bank to deposit Mike's bonus check as well as stop at Wendys for a nummy tripple with cheese, I came across this...
I don't get the need to express one's point of view in bumber sticker form. Okay, I'm all for politcal candidates but all this shit is all about abortion and the rapture. Do they really think they are changing minds with this?
One bumper sticker is bad enough... but this is just nucking futs!
I can't stand it when people say things like, "I have a relationship with God... it's not a religion."
No... It is.
You believe in a being that one cannot smell, touch, taste, see, or hear. The being is all powerful and perfect... except for all those mistakes he made... which were was all about of it plan... so he could get his only son killed... which doesn't make sense because if he's God then we're all his sons and daughters and therefore he obviously had billions of children.
To say you have a relationship with God is like saying I have a relatinoship with Tarkan. No matter what I may delude myself into thinking, Tarkan and I do not speak, touch, taste, see, or hear eachother. For all I know Tarkan isn't real. He's certainly "realer" than God. But maybe he's just made up... digitally animated... a computer... a figment of my immagination.
Tarkan and I don't connect. It's not a two way street. When I talk to family and friends we connect and exchanged.
It's the same with God. It's a one way street. One deluded indiviual. One nonexistant being.
I spent my entire lunch looking for two Wii games today. The first was Goldeneye 007 Wii and Pikachu's Pokepark. One's mostly for Mike. One's totally for me.
I thought it'd be simple. I'd go to Toys R Us, get the game, that'd be it.
Creepy Toys R Us guy is all like "Nope, those games both got pushed back." No freaking way. Pokemon should have come out Monday and there's no way they pushed this shit back at the last moment. Oh and Toys R Us guy was total mouth-breather, going on about how he has a Master's in Biology.
So I went to Wal-Mart and there was a spot for the game and everything. But no game. "Fuck me," I groaned. I asked the guy and he was all confused and such. No Pikachu (no spot either) and no Goldeneye.
Just as I was about to leave he finds the game and luckily decides to try and ring it up. It comes with a shirt too... more on that later.
So now I want Pikachu's Pokepark. Where else? I try GameStop. The guy there says he's never even heard of the game and also says that Goldeneye wasn't there either because they didn't get it in the mail. What ... the... fuck...
So finally, with like 5 minutes of my lunch break left I try Best Buy. Hallelujah! They fucking had it. And I only came back 15 minutes late from lunch.
So now onto the shirt... It's stupid. It's white and has a top hat on it and reads "Cheater." Mike explained it to me bust still...
I suggested to Meg that we mail it off to Oklahoma with a note to Lance saying, "Thinking of you. Love, Jay."
Let me be the first to admit that I might have posted in haste when it comes to AFI's album Crash Love. Now, over a year later I would like to re-review the album again. I've said it once, I'll say it again. Sometimes you've just gotta let an artist blow their load all over your face before you can actually enjoy the CD.
Additionally, I shall also review this album in the order I have set it in my iPod, not the traditional order.
1) Torch Song ★★★★★ This is now my absolutely favorite introduction to any album ever. So much so, I actually have lyrics from it permanently tattooed on my arm... no, seriously. I fucking have the lyrics, "I saw you. Angels came to light your path. I heard you... keep their wings pressed under glass" tattooed on my shoulder. Pure perfection.
And what's better is if you research the Torch Song Trilogy is kinda makes you wonder what is going on in Davey's life... hmmm.
2) Beautiful Thieves ★★★★ My view on this track has not changed. It is my second-least favorite on the CD (not counting Veronica Sawyer Smokes... we'll discuss that later). But this is a good track. I still feel like this could be slipped into the middle of Decemberunderground and nobody would notice.
3) Medicate ★★★½ This song hasn't changed either. It's my least favorite on the album and I honestly think they choose to put this song out as the sequel so they wouldn't get noticed because there are plenty of hard hitter that could have gotten sick radio play and this was not one of them.
4) Cold Hands ★★★★½ Wow, how things have changed. This has become a huge favorite on the album. I posted earlier how much I hated this song and that I thought it was boring filler. Not so much now. I actually really love the chorus now. The lyrics are some of my favorites as well.
5) Too Shy To Scream ★★★★★ Yeah... so this is probably the most played song on my iPod throughout 2010. I blame Beyonce. You see, somebody uploaded the Single Ladies music video with this song playing instead of Single Ladies... and for some reason I loved it.
6) End Transmission ★★★★½ What I love about this song is mostly the line, "Go grab your bag I'll bring the gun." Most particularly because we used to refer to Pandora's (now ex) boyfriend Lance as 'the bag'... short for douchebag. It's okay, she calls him that now too. But anyways, we'd always talk about how this song was Davey telling Pandora to grab her bag (aka Lance) and he'd bring the gun. Bwahaha.
7) OK, I Feel Better Now ★★★★ Definitely the slowest song on the CD but it's a goodie. I don't especially go looking for this track but it flows great in my version of the list.
8) I Am Trying Very Hard To Be Here ★★★★★ This is still the best song on the album. It still should have been the first single and I still love it love it.
9) We've Got The Knife ★★★★ Okay, yeah, this is technically a b-side but I think it should have been on the album. It really feels like Sing the Sorrow and when sprinkled on this album it feels right.
10) Sacrilege ★★★★ Finally Davey belts out his "fuck religion" song. What makes me laugh is how many AFI fans like to pretend this song isn't directly an attack on organized religion. Talk about delusion.
11) Too Late For Gods ★★★★½ Another track that was actually a b-side and totally should have been on the album. I love the line, "What did I tell you? I promised I'd give you a story." This song goes great after Sacrilege.
12) Darling, I Want To Destroy You ★★★★★ This is my second favorite song on the album and totally should have been the second single. I just love the part when he says, "And here's my favorite part... where you may find my heart... and I disappear." Gives me chills every time.
13) It Was Mine ★★★★★ The final track took me the longest to like. And now I just love it. Not sure what else to say... really.
And here we come to Veronica Sawyer Smokes. Wait. What? What am I talking about. There's no such song as Veronica Sawyer Smokes. If there was I'd hate it and I'd have to pretend it didn't exist. Because as long as it doesn't exist I totally love every single track Davey has put out since like forever... So yeah. Veronica Sawyer? Nope, doesn't exist. Isn't real. It's fake. Not real. ::puts fingers in ears:: Lalalalala.
Oh, a final note. I still hate the album cover but the name of the CD has grown on me. So I just substituted my own cover which is featured above.
Bottom Line: I now hold this CD as a very close second to Sing the Sorrow. Oh Davey, please forgive my sins and trespasses. I beseech you to keep me in your good graces.