24 January 2009

My Mental Murphy Issues


Last summer when Mel B of the Spice Girls was pregnant, I accidentally said something strange to Aurora and Mandar. I said, "Yeah, Mel B apparently just had a baby with Murphy Brown."

Aurora cocked an eye. Mandar shouted and laughed, "What!?"

Apparently Mel B had a baby with Eddie Murphy, not Murphy Brown.

So this really was just a slip of the tongue, nothing more, nothing less. I thought.

Coming to the present time, last night at my parent's house my dad happened to mention a hilarious story (to him). When I was in 2nd grade I came home and told my dad that at school I was working on a puzzle all day... of Murphy Brown. He was confused and was sure that I wasn't really doing a puzzle of Murphy Brown in the 2nd grade. He tried and tried to figure out what I was doing a puzzle of. The next day he had to go to my school and ask my teacher (notably concerned I guess). I was actually doing a puzzle of Charlie Brown.

What the fuck is wrong with me!? Why am I always thinking of Murphy Brown.

I blame CBS.

1 comment:

Michael said...

There is something subliminal about Murphy Brown... I am convinced.